Go Back   VAIS Technology Forum > Audio products > SoundLinQ > SLS/SL2s -Sirius Radio adapter

Old 07-28-2007, 04:06 PM

Smile sls2 lexus 2005 sc430 install

I am impressed I installed the sirius connect tuner unit and the srs2 firm ware 4.38 Released 6/21/07 . Everything went text book . Worked right out of the box . In fact i had activated my unit on Friday . I did the install on saturday. I did not have to call sirus to send signal. I am guessing that once they send the signal the request must last 24 hours. When I turned sirius on for the first time screen said updating. 30 seconds later I was in business. I would recomend the new unit and firmware to anyone that has the old one and has issues.

Buddy
Old 09-14-2007, 03:26 PM

Buddy,

I just ordered the XM kit for my car (SLX2, XMD-1000, cord and antenna). I am going to have it installed next week, but I am trying to decide where I want the antenna installed. I was thinking in the middle of my dash, as a lot of people have recommended that. Would you mind emailing me some oicture of your set up to shocker087@aol.com ? I would love to see how it looks on the radio, where your antenna is installed, if it is on the dash, how did you get it to stick down? Did you install it yourself? Any information would be great! Thank you.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:46 PM

Smile Lexus sc 430

I installed the antenna on the passenger side of the dash in the croner next to the pillar I ran the wire into the crevice between the dash material viny and the pillar. The antenna I used velcro and just tucked the antenna into the corner it is very flat and really hard to see. The radio works fine but I must say when i go through an area with a lot of tree overhang I do loose the signal for a short period of time. The antenna is also magnetic bottom and you can use it on a metallic disk of you want to place the disk on the dash. The antenna is really so small you could mount it in the middle of the dash and route the wire up against the window and tuck it into the crevice
where the defroster vents are . In my car I was able to hide the sls2 and the sirius connect tuner all in the center console of my car [ SC430 ] . I had no problem at all . If you need mor help email me direct mrblister@earthlink.net