Thinking about installing a SiriusXM tuner and an FM direct adapter in your car? It’s an inexpensive way to hook up satellite radio so you can enjoy it on the go. However, FM adapters are not the best solution. Here are three reasons why.
1. FM Adapter Kits Are Usually Buggy
It’s not uncommon to have issues with static, interference, and distorted signals with an FM adapter kit. These adapters can:
- Compromise sound quality: Satellite radio provides a very high-quality digital signal. FM adapters convert the digital signal to a low-quality analog signal, which degrades the sound you hear.
- Interfere with other electronics: FM adapters are low-power transmitters that can easily interfere with cell phones and other electronics.
This article explains both problems in more detail: Don’t Buy an FM Modulator For Your Satellite Radio Until You Read This!
2. There Are Better Solutions
Installing an FM adapter in your car is a pretty clunky solution. You’d have to:
- Install a stand-alone tuner on the dash
- Run a bunch of wires everywhere
- Use an FM adapter to get the SiriusXM signal playing on your stereo
This results in a lot of dash clutter and a factory stereo that’s barely used. You don’t have to settle for this, because you can install an adapter kit that integrates with the factory stereo. This means you can:
- Enjoy crystal clear sound
- Change satellite stations with your radio controls OR steering wheel controls
- Use presets
- Have no dash clutter
VAIS Technology is a reputable brand for satellite radio adapter kits that can be integrated with factory stereos. If you have a few minutes, check out all the adapter kits VAIS Technology has available for a variety of makes, including Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Honda, Jeep, Kia, Mazda, and more!
3. FM Adapter Kits Don’t Deliver A Lot Of Bang For The Buck
If you’re on a budget, you might be thinking about getting an FM adapter kit because it’s pretty inexpensive. However, it doesn’t deliver much value on a per-dollar basis. You’ll likely run into issues with it early on. If you’re thinking about paying an installer to add an FM adapter kit to your car, it only costs a few dollars more to add a VAIS satellite radio adapter kit. If you have to get behind the dash to add on an FM adapter, you might as well spend a little more and get a seamless solution.
Got any questions about FM adapter kits or VAIS satellite radio adapter kits? Feel free to contact us!
Categories: Satellite Radio