SiriusXM® satellite radio is one of the most common features people look for while shopping for a car. Are you in the market for a new or new-to-you Chevrolet? If you would like to enjoy SiriusXM® satellite radio on the road, this guide has all the answers you need.
Below are three of the most common questions car shoppers have about SiriusXM® satellite radio.
1. Does Chevrolet Offer SiriusXM® Satellite Radio On All Models?
When you’re looking for a Chevrolet vehicle, one question you may have is whether SiriusXM® satellite radio is available on all models. The answer is no. SiriusXM® satellite radio is available on only certain models, most commonly high-end ones. You would not find it on most, if any, base models.
Chevrolet opted not to offer SiriusXM® satellite radio on all trim levels. That’s because Chevrolet wants to encourage customers to splurge on a higher trim level with exclusive features.
Are you looking into a base model Silverado, Colorado, Trax, Equinox, or another Chevy? If so, you likely won’t get a SiriusXM® satellite radio tuner with the car.
2. Can I Add SiriusXM® Satellite Radio To My Chevrolet?
Here’s a secret Chevrolet doesn’t want you to know: you can save a lot of money by buying a base trim model without SiriusXM® satellite radio. Then you can add SiriusXM® satellite radio to it with an aftermarket product.
You have several types of aftermarket products to consider:
- A stand-alone satellite radio (and an FM modulator): The stand-alone radio is mounted on the dash. The FM modulator is either placed somewhere else in your car or behind the dash. You would need a bunch of wires to hook up both devices.
- An AUX adapter kit: The kit is built for factory stereos with an AUX input. It’s basically a stand-alone satellite radio that can be hooked up to the factory stereo via the AUX input. You would still need to run a bunch of wires to get this setup to work, though.
- A VAIS SiriusXM® satellite radio adapter kit: This is the most seamless solution on this list. VAIS adapter kits are designed specifically for Chevrolet models like the Silverado, Traverse, and more. The kit doesn’t require any visible wires, preserves the factory sound quality, and enables you to still use your factory stereo controls.
This article explains each option in more detail: How to Add Satellite Radio to Your Car’s Factory Stereo – 3 Options
3. Is There A Genuine OEM SiriusXM® Satellite Radio Adapter Available From Chevrolet?
Like most manufacturers, Chevrolet doesn’t offer OEM SiriusXM® satellite radio adapters for the same reason they don’t offer SiriusXM® satellite radio on all of their models and trims. Chevrolet wants to encourage customers to splurge on a higher trim level that has exclusive features, including SiriusXM® satellite radio.
If your Chevrolet vehicle doesn’t have a SiriusXM® satellite radio tuner built into the factory stereo, there is only one solution. That is to add it to your car with an aftermarket product. A VAIS adapter is the best solution because:
- It’s a seamless setup without a bunch wires or dash clutter. Can also be a simple USB plug-in.
- You can still enjoy factory-grade sound quality.
- You can still use your factory stereo controls.
Want to see if VAIS has a SiriusXM® satellite radio adapter kit for your Chevrolet model? Look up your car using our year, make, model lookup on our home page. You’re also welcome to contact us with any questions about our adapter kits.
Categories: Satellite Radio