Whether you own a Honda vehicle or you’re in the market for one, you might be wondering what your SiriusXM® satellite radio options are. Do you have to buy a Honda vehicle with SiriusXM® built-in, or can you buy one without SiriusXM® and then install an aftermarket product in it?
This guide has all the answers you need. Here are the top three frequently asked questions about SiriusXM® in Honda vehicles, along with answers and resources to each one.
1. Is SiriusXM® Satellite Radio Available On All Honda Models?
No, Honda doesn’t put SiriusXM® in all of their models. It’s a clever marketing decision on their part. Given how popular SiriusXM® satellite radio is, it’s one of the most requested features in a car. Honda took advantage of its popularity by offering it only on the higher trim levels. It’s to encourage people who are adamant on enjoying SiriusXM® on the road to splurge on a trim level that’s a bit more money.
If you have or want to buy a base Honda Accord, Civic, Pilot, or another model, chances are that car doesn’t have a SiriusXM® tuner built-in.
2. Is It Possible To Add SiriusXM® To My Honda Vehicle?
Yes, it’s possible to add SiriusXM® satellite radio to your CR-V, HR-V, Ridgeline, or another Honda model if your car doesn’t already have it. There are plenty of aftermarket products out there, some better than others. Here are three aftermarket options you can consider:
- Buy an aftermarket stand-alone SiriusXM® satellite radio unit and then run two sets of wires to your car’s electrical system and the FM modulator
- Buy an aftermarket SiriusXM® satellite radio receiver and then connect it to your factory radio with an AUX adapter kit
- Buy a VAIS SiriusXM® satellite radio adapter kit and then install it and enjoy no dash clutter and the best sound quality available
There are pros and cons to each option. This article has more information about all three options to help you determine the best solution for yourself.
3. Does Honda Offer A Genuine OEM SiriusXM® Satellite Radio Adapter?
No, Honda doesn’t offer a genuine OEM satellite radio adapter for the same reason they don’t offer SiriusXM® on all of their models. They don’t want to encourage their customers to buy a base model or cheaper trim level and then add SiriusXM® to their vehicle via an adapter.
Got any questions that weren’t addressed in this guide? You’re more than welcome to contact us!
Categories: Satellite Radio