As a delivery driver, have you ever dealt with theft? Do you take steps to protect yourself and your cargo from potential robbers? You are responsible for getting a truck full of products that vary in value to their destinations all day long. Unfortunately, this means your truck is a good target for theft. The risk of having something stolen out of your vehicle as you are making a delivery is pretty high. Especially if you’re not in the habit of locking your vehicle every time you walk away. If the vehicle is not manually secured or secured by a vehicle locking system, you could even be at risk of the vehicle being stolen. Some delivery drivers may even face armed robbers. Being alone on the road all day can be stressful, but there are things that any driver can do to protect themselves and to help prevent theft.
Theft Prevention Tips
Regardless of whether or not you have a vehicle locking system in your delivery truck, there are precautions you should take to keep yourself safe.
- Always be aware of your surroundings. Keep an eye out for anyone who appears to be lingering around your vehicle.
- Also keep an eye out for any vehicles that may be following you. Try to remember distinctive qualities of the suspicious person or vehicle. Write down the license plate number and color of the vehicle, if you can.
- If possible, try to make deliveries in open areas instead of secluded ones.
- Keep all the compartments of the delivery vehicle and windows locked at all times—even if you are in the vehicle.
- When you walk back towards the vehicle, look around for anything suspicious before entering.
- Considering getting a vehicle locking system. A locking system can help make all of these precautions even easier.
SEER Vehicle Locking System
SEER is a vehicle locking system that has a number of features that can help keep you safe while you’re making deliveries.
- SEER stands for smart entry exit recognition. If you have the SEER tag, it recognizes you as the owner of the vehicle as you approach.
- It will turn on the vehicle’s lights and unlock the doors.
- Once you’re in your car, the doors lock as soon as you start the ignition.
- The doors automatically unlock when the car is shut off.
- As the owner walks away from the vehicle, the lights will go off and the doors will lock.
- You can even use it to lock different compartments of your delivery vehicle.
- If a stranger approaches, alarms will go off to warn the stranger to back away.
- If they manage to get in the vehicle, the starter will lock so that they cannot start the engine.
- SEER can be customized in even more ways to make your vehicle safe and secure.
Even if you do everything you can to prevent theft, it could still happen. If it does, remember to stay calm and call 911. The most important thing is your safety. That is why SEER was developed. The vehicle locking system can help keep you as safe as possible so you can focus on getting your deliveries to their destination. Visit our website to know more.
Categories: Car Accessories