Whether you’re in the market for a new Buick or you’re looking to upgrade your Buick, you might be wondering what your options are when it comes to enjoying SiriusXM® satellite radio on the road.
That’s why we put together this guide. Below, you’ll find the three most common questions asked by Buick owners or soon-to-be Buick owners about SiriusXM®.
1. Is SiriusXM® Available On All Buick Models?
In an ideal world, SiriusXM® satellite radio would be available on all Buick models, such as the base Enclave, Encore or Regal TourX. However, we don’t live in a perfect world. SiriusXM® is available only on select Buick models, usually the higher end trim levels only. Since Buick knows how much of a hot commodity satellite radio is, they decided to install it on the higher trim levels. It’s a strategic move to get customers to splurge more on an Envision or Enclave or any other model, because a lot of customers consider satellite radio a must-have feature in cars.
2. Can I Add Satellite Radio To My Buick If It Doesn’t Come With It?
Buick doesn’t want you to know this, but you can certainly add satellite radio to a Buick Enclave that doesn’t already come with it. It’s all thanks to the aftermarket industry. A few companies, including VAIS Technology and SiriusXM®, came up with affordable solutions. This article discusses the most popular ones that work pretty well. To sum it up:
- You can buy a stand-alone satellite radio (perhaps even from SiriusXM®), set it up on your dash, and then connect it to your Buick’s electrical system and the FM modulator. This solution creates a lot of dash clutter, though, and the sound quality may not be optimal.
- If your Buick has an AUX input, you can buy a satellite receiver unit and then run a wire from it to the AUX input. That, too, causes some dash clutter.
- If you prefer to keep your dash clean and to enjoy factory-grade sound quality, you want a VAIS satellite radio adapter kit. It’s an adapter you can either plug into your USB port or install behind the dash. This solution not only creates zero dash clutter, but it also integrates satellite radio into your factory stereo. That means you can enjoy factory-grade sound quality and control the satellite radio via your factory controls.
3. Is There A Genuine OEM Satellite Radio Adapter Available From Buick?
Out of the three aftermarket solutions listed above, a satellite radio adapter is the most reliable and convenient one. So you might be wondering if Buick offers an OEM satellite radio adapter. The answer here is no. By not offering an OEM adapter, Buick wants to encourage you to purchase a more expensive trim level in the first place.
Categories: Satellite Radio