Many car owners consider SiriusXM® satellite radio a must-have option in cars. It makes driving a much more pleasurable experience. If you’re a Dodge owner or a to-be Dodge owner looking for ways to enjoy SiriusXM® on the road, you came to the right place. This guide has all the information you need about SiriusXM® satellite radio in Dodge vehicles.
1. Is SiriusXM® Satellite Radio Available On All Dodge Models?
Dodge only offers SiriusXM® satellite radio on some of its models and only on higher-end trim levels. Why isn’t satellite radio available on all Dodge models, though? It’s because SiriusXM® is considered a luxurious add-on. By offering it on select models and trim levels, Dodge is giving its customers another incentive to splurge on the higher-end models and trim levels.
The good news is that you don’t have to spend money on a more expensive Dodge model or trim level to get SiriusXM® on your car. Read on to find out how.
2. If My Dodge Model Doesn’t Have SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, Can I Add It To My Car?
Yes, you can! SiriusXM® is so popular that VAIS Tech came out with great products that help you add satellite radio to your Dodge. Some aftermarket satellite radio solutions are better than others, so it’s a good idea to do some research before deciding on one.
The most common ways to add satellite radio to your Dodge are as follows:
- Stand-alone satellite radio: a little box you can stick to the dash and then connect to the FM modulator via a wire
- Satellite radio receiver via the AUX input: (only works on cars with an AUX input) a satellite receiver unit that you can connect to the vehicle via the AUX input
- VAIS satellite radio adapter kit: a kit to either plug into an USB port or install behind the dash and it allows you to manage SiriusXM® with your car’s factory controls
This guide outlines each option in more detail to help you decide on the most suitable one for your vehicle.
3. Does Dodge Offer A Genuine OEM Satellite Radio Adapter?
No, Dodge does not offer any OEM adapters for satellite radios. In fact, most car manufacturers don’t offer OEM satellite radio solutions because they want to encourage their customers to buy more expensive models or trim levels in the first place. So if you have your heart set on a Dodge model or trim level without SiriusXM® satellite radio built-in, your best bet is to use one of the aftermarket solutions listed above.
Categories: Satellite Radio