As a Hyundai owner or to-be Hyundai owner, you might be wondering what your options are when it comes to enjoying SiriusXM® satellite radio on the road. If your current Hyundai vehicle or the Hyundai you’re interested in buying doesn’t come with satellite radio built in, this guide will help you explore your options. The good news is that you can indeed add SiriusXM® to your Hyundai. Read on to find out what your options are.
1. Why Doesn’t Hyundai Offer Satellite Radio on All Models?
Like many auto manufacturers, Hyundai doesn’t offer SiriusXM® satellite radio on all models. It’s a strategic move on their part to sell more higher trim levels. They’re taking advantage of how popular SiriusXM® is by offering it as an exclusive feature on higher trim levels. The Kona, Santa Fe, Sonata, and Tuscon models don’t have SiriusXM® on all of the trim levels. A lot of drivers consider it a must-have feature, and they (often times reluctantly) end up splurging on a trim level that’s more expensive than they had originally wanted just to be able to enjoy SiriusXM® on the road.
However, what a lot of people don’t realize is that you can add SiriusXM® satellite radio to a Hyundai vehicle that doesn’t have it built in. VAIS Tech’s kit even fits the 2020 Palisade.
2. Different Ways to Add Satellite Radio To Your Hyundai
Several aftermarket solutions exist to help you add SiriusXM® satellite radio to your Hyundai. Some solutions are better than others, though. Here are three of the most common aftermarket solutions:
- Stand-alone satellite radio: A stand-alone radio that you can stick to your dash and then connect to the car’s electrical system and FM modulator via two sets of wires
- Satellite receiver unit & AUX adapter kit: A solution that allows you to mount a satellite receiver unit to your dash and then connect it to the factory stereo via an AUX input
- VAIS satellite radio adapter kit (the solution with no dash clutter at all): A seamless solution that allows you to use your factory stereo controls
You can explore each option in more detail by reading this article: How to Add Satellite Radio to Your Car’s Factory Radio – 3 Options
3. Does Hyundai Offer a Genuine OEM Satellite Radio Adapter?
Hyundai does not offer a genuine OEM satellite radio adapter. It’s a part of their strategy to sell higher trim levels. If they don’t offer an OEM satellite radio solution, customers are more likely to spend more money on higher trim levels. If you want a seamless solution, your best bet is to get a VAIS satellite radio adapter kit.
Got any questions about adding satellite radio to your Hyundai? Please contact us.
Categories: Satellite Radio