Most people would agree that SiriusXM® satellite radio is one of the best features a car could have. With all the channels SiriusXM® offers, driving will never be boring again.
Whether you already own a Mercedes or you’re looking to purchase one, you might be wondering what your options are when it comes to SiriusXM® satellite radio.
This guide has all the answers you need.
1. Is SiriusXM® Satellite Radio Available on All Mercedes Models?
The answer here is no. Not all Mercedes models come with SiriusXM®. Some of the higher end trim levels come with it. It’s a strategic move on Mercedes-Benz’s part to get people to splurge on the more expensive trim levels. Here’s a list of some of the Mercedes models and trim levels with SiriusXM® built in:
- AMG C 43
- AMG C 63
- GLC 43
- GLC 63
Some Mercedes models, such as the GLA, E Class, and other GLC trim levels, don’t have SiriusXM® satellite radio on any of the trim levels. The most expensive version of the Sprinter has SiriusXM® built in.
If you don’t see your Mercedes model in the list, don’t worry. Just because your car doesn’t come with SiriusXM® built in doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy it on the road.
2. If My Mercedes Doesn’t Come With SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, Can I Add it Myself?
Absolutely! There are several types of aftermarket solutions you can use to add satellite radio to your Mercedes:
- Buy a stand-alone satellite radio, stick it to the dash, and then run two sets of wires to the car’s electrical system and the FM modulator.
- Buy a satellite receiver unit and then run a wire from it to the car’s AUX input
- Install a VAIS satellite radio adapter kit
If you’re looking for a solution that allows you to use your factory stereo controls and doesn’t require running any wires on the dash, a VAIS satellite radio adapter kit is just what you need.
3. Can I Buy A Genuine OEM Satellite Radio Adapter From Mercedes-Benz?
Mercedes-Benz doesn’t offer any OEM satellite radio adapters for their cars. By not offering an easy and affordable solution for their models and trim levels without SiriusXM®, they’re giving their customers more initiative to splurge on higher trim levels that come with satellite radio built in.
Luckily, you don’t have to plunk down thousands more dollars on a higher trim level just to be able to enjoy SiriusXM® on the road. Learn more about upgrading your factory stereo with VAIS tech here!
Categories: Satellite Radio